Thursday, July 28, 2011

Daughter's Desk


Okay, we finally got my daughter's desk finished and put in her room.  She has two walls that are the dark turquoise on the desk and two walls that are the light turquoise.  Since the desk is going in  front of a light wall, it is based in the darker turquoise.   One end of the desk top is painted with white board paint and the other is a vine design that my daughter put together with green leaves and dark turquoise flowers.  Originally, the desk was going to just have a design she painted with her name in the middle.  However, as she tried to draw it out to size on paper, she didn't like it at all.  Once we came up with either chalk board paint or white board paint and input from a grandmother, she chose this.  All her design and she is ecstatic to finally have her own desk.  Now if I could just teach her to actually put her school stuff on or even near the desk when she gets home from school, I would be a very happy mother.

At the beach the other day with my daughter and her friends and designed a painting in my head.  I will work it up and post it for you.  I'm sure my best laid plans will change somewhat, but we'll see what comes out.  

In the meantime, make it a great day and do something creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment