Monday, November 15, 2021

 Do you have big dreams?  

I don't tend to be that  big picture goal oriented for my art business.  I have a few vague ideas about what I would like to happen but tend to float along and go with the flow. Of course, if there is something that I know needs to get finished (like planning for an event at the club I belong to or a big trip coming up, I can break things down and organize myself).Over the past year as I have revitalized my art business, I am finding that I need to actually set goals.  Just saying I want to make sales  and cover my bills is not enough.

What do I want my business to look like?  What will success look like for me?  What has to happen to get there?  

I am trying to take a look at the goal and go in reverse to achieve that goal.  What individual steps do I need to take to go from here to there.  I work well in other areas of my life when I work this way, so why not my business.  I am sure it has something to do with taking my business seriously and not hiding behind the fact that I fall into the "Imposter Trap" more often than not.  I am an artist (thank you Marisa Ann Cummings, Expansive Artists) and can achieve my goals.  

Of course, the oppposite is true.  If I don't reach my goals on a set path, I can evaluate what did not work and change the course of action because I can look at the information I learned along the way.  With no plan, there is no real information or way to make an actual change.

In that frame of mind, I am setting a goal of starting to do some online painting courses for the new year.  Still have to decide when I want to go live so I can work back from there.  That seems like a big goal for the New Year and I am so excited about it.  

Anything you want me to add to my list of topics to paint?  At this point, I am open to all of your suggestions.  Of course, flowers will be in the mix 😀



No comments:

Post a Comment