Friday, January 14, 2022

Painting a Day - A Fun New Experiment

Painting a Day - A Fun New Experiment 

I am going to try something a little new.  After all I have titled my blog Creative Thoughts, so what better thing to talk about and  way to gain more creative thoughts than a daily painting?

For 2022, I am trying something new and getting in my studio first thing in the morning to paint for about an hour (if it takes that long) to paint a small piece of art.  It all started with this painting.  Shooting for something to use for small Valentine's inspired ideas, this came up.  I have a template for scrapbooking that has a pretty scalloped heart and I started there.  From that, came a gorgeous sunrise.  I did take it a bit further and cut out the scalloped mat to add to the impression of looking through a window that has been cut out and edged in gold to mimic the gold outline of the actual painting.  

The whole thing brings to mind looking through a space where the wall has been cut away and the gorgeous sunrise is exposed behind it.  An opportunity to see the beauty in the world that was hidden behind a barrier.

I have always had a tendency to paint small, but this validates doing so.  I only have so much time set aside right now to get my creative juices going in the morning.  If I do decide I have more time that day, then I will add in some bigger pieces, but will do at least one small one.  



This one will be posted on my website in the coming days, unless someone decides to DM me before I even get it posted.  The painting is $15 plus s&h.  If you want the entire finished piece with the mats and frame, it will be $65 plus s&h.

I hope you enjoyed the start of my new process and I welcome any comments as I take you along on my new journey and as I share any new insights I find along the way.

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment